While purchasing a new printer it becomes quite essential to look out for a few things that will make sure that the purchasing process will be a fruitful one.
It is very important to know all the top things to consider when buying a new printer because a printer is a long time investment as many people do not change printer that frequently and only that printer must be purchased that fits perfectly the requirements of the reason for which the printer is being purchased.
In today’s time, printers are used at many different places such as offices, homes, schools, educational & professional institutions, colleges, and many more places. All the places have their printing requirements and there are many varieties of printers to choose from that fit the bet.
Along with the features of the printer, it is also essential to know about the maintenance cost of the printer as printers usually have high maintenance costs.
Let us look at the top things to consider when buying a new printer.
1. The volume of printing required
- It is firstly important to know the volume of printing that will be required as for high volume printing the laser printers are the best and for the low volume printing, the inkjet printers work the best.
- The volume of the printing required will help to identify what printer will be best suited.
2. Image quality
- If the printer is required for the printing of images then the printer must have a minimum of 1200 dpi print resolution.
- The resolution modes of the printer must range from 360dpi-2880dpi for the best image quality in printing.
- The colour gamut, density, ink droplet size, ink configuration, ICC profiles are the important things to consider while buying a printer for the printing of high-quality images.
3. The budget of the Printer
- Before buying the printer it is best to know what is the budget of buying the printer so that the salesperson will be showing the printing devices that fit best into the budget.
- It is very important to set a budget for buying a printer as there are also very expensive printing machines and budget-friendly printing machines are there as well.
It is only the best to choose the printing machine that offers the best quality of print outs and fits into the budget as well.