Good maintenance of the electronic devices helps in the longevity of the device and it continues to work in optimum conditions. In the case of printers, it is the same as it requires maintenance at intervals and if it is not done properly, then there are chances it might hamper the performance of the printer.
Printers have become quite essential in homes and offices, they are used daily and therefore having a check on the working of the machine is vital. Not only are the printers expensive but there are a lot of things which are required for printing such as ink, cartridges and much more.
At regular intervals, they are required to be refilled and with the refilling, it is advised to clean the printer well. The cleaning process of a printer involves cleaning dust from inside the printer and outside as well and cleaning the place where the ink is placed as there are chances that ink residue might be there.
Clogging of the printheads leads to the less efficiency of the ink that is filled in the printer. Therefore it is very much necessary that before refilling ink, the printhead must be cleaned and checked that it is not clogged due to any ink residue.
Over time, if the printhead is not kept clean then it will surely hamper the performance of the printer as the flow of ink will get disrupted. If you are getting spotty prints then it is a sign that the printheads are clogged and they require proper cleaning.
There are easy methods through which the printheads can be cleaned and they will provide better ink efficiency.
- One of the most effective and easy methods to clean the printhead is to automatically clean the printer.
- Softwares that come with the printers have the option of a cleaning function that provides efficient automatic cleaning.
- Under the printer maintenance section of the printer software, the cleaning function can be found. Within just three minutes the printhead will get cleaned without putting any manual efforts.
- After the cleaning process is complete a test print out can be taken out and the difference in the ink efficiency can be seen.
- Manual printhead cleaning can also be done but it is advisable to follow the automatic cleaning procedure to clean the printhead.